Saturday, September 19, 2009

Week of September 21- September 25th

I want to thank parents and students for understanding my absence last week. Unfortunately, I was grieving the loss of my very special Gram. I am going to allow her spirit to give me strength to come back to teach my students how to become better readers.

Kindergarten RtI will begin on Wednesday of this week. I will be engaging Kdg. students with Michael Heggarty, a skill based intervention focusing on phonemic awareness.

I will become acquainted with my 1st and 2nd grade students as well. First grade students will be engaged in Wilson Fundations, a comprehensive skill based intervention focusing on letter knowledge, letter formation, decoding, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. Second grade students will be engaged in Being a Writer, a research based intervention which incorporates stories as a model for good writing.