Saturday, September 24, 2011

Week of September 26th - 30th



The first week of RtI was a success. It is nice to work with a team of professional staff members who are dedicated to assisting with the implementation of RtI groups for Reading & Math.


This year, I have the pleasure to work in Mrs. Hull's class & Mrs. Tracy's class two days a week each in the morning. In the afternoon, I am working in Mrs. Onorato's class four days a week. I feel fortunate to have this time to guide students through the reading process within a small group. Beginning this week, I will also be working with the Kindergartners in Mrs. Finn's & Mrs. Mazurowski's class two days a week each in the morning. I will be focusing on letter recognition and sound awareness.


I also have three intervention groups. My two 1st grade intervention groups are participating in Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI). LLI lessons combine reading, writing, and specific work on letters, words, and sounds. My 2nd grade group is participating in Wilson Fundations. Fundations lessons focus on carefully sequenced skills that include print knowledge, alphabet awareness, phonological awareness, phonemic awareness, decoding, vocabulary, fluency, and spelling.