Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week of October 3rd - 7th



Kindergarten
I have been working with Mrs. Mazurowski's class two days a week and Mrs. Finn's class two days a week. During this time, I focus on strengthening students knowledge of letter names and letter sounds. We will benchmarking Kindergarten students, using AIMSweb, next Wednesday, October 12th.

1st Grade
I will continue to guide students in leveled text in Mrs. Hull's and Miss Tracy's rooms. I will continue to work on various reading strategies to enhance fluency and comprehension.

My LLI intervention group will continue to be engaged in repeated readings of poems and stories. They will engage in shared reading of new stories and shared writing. They will also engage in word work to practice various spelling patterns.

2nd Grade
I will continue to guide students in leveled text in Mrs. Onorato's class. We will read stories while focusing on fluent reading as well as comprehension skills such as summarizing, inferring, connecting prior knowledge, etc.

My Wilson Fundations intervention group will take Unit 1 test on Monday. This test will assess knowledge of digraphs and blends in words, especially the use of ck at the end of words. We will then begin Unit 2. This unit will review bonus letters, f, l & s. I will reteach glued sounds and will introduce vowel teams - ai, ay, ee, ea, ey.